WorkSpaces Desktop Client: PydioSync
PydioSync is the desktop client for your WorkSpaces. It is offers real-time synchronization of your WorkSpaces against a local folder on your computer. That means when you make changes in the folder on your desktop, or in the WorkSpaces area via your Web browser, the changes will automatically be made in the other direction. This ensures your files are the same locally and on the server.
Install the Desktop Client
You can download desktop clients for Windows (7, 8, and 10 - 64 bit), MacOSX(10.8, 10.9, 10.10), and Linux.
- Download a PydioSync client
Tested and working with PydioSync v1.2.8 - March 16, 2017
Configure Desktop Client
Once you've installed the desktop client, you need to connect it to your WorkSpaces, as outlined below.
PydioSync Welcome Screen
- select GET STARTED button
- ensure that HTTPS is selected
- the server address is data.upei.ca/pydio7
- provide your UPEI username and password in the boxes provided
- then select CONNECT
Step 1: Select a workspace
- select My Files
Step 2: Select a destination
- select a folder on your local computer
Step 3: Select optional parameters
- You can change the name of the sync
- You can adjust advanced options including:
- sync direction: bi-directional
- sync frequency: automatically
- versioning conflicts: Automatic and keep both
Step 4: Ready for ignition
- syncs your local folder with your Pydio workspace
- select FIRE THE ROCKET to begin sync
Step 5: Sync update
- provides a status of last update.
If you have questions, please use the feedback button.